I was starving last Thursday. Famished. Problem was, I couldn't find any take-out menus online. I really wanted Chinese food. Some sweet and sour chicken sounded delicious. Maybe some pad thai. But I was striking out left and right.
I didn't want to order from the last place I got Chinese. It was some of the worst food I'd ever eaten. Lawrence.com had a recommendation for a place called Thai House, which sounded great. So I got on the restaurant's Web site and found some good dishes and called for delivery. After calling several times and getting a buzzing sound that sounded like a modem from 1997, I gave up and hopped in the car to go to the restaurant itself. I was pretty steamed at this point. My aggravation was multiplied by the lack of parking due to a Danzig concert at Liberty Hall. Didn't know he was still around.
I finally found parking and walked to the restaurant. It was closed forever. Argh.
When I lived in Chicago, there was a great site called GrubHub.com, which had menus from hundreds of restaurants in the city that delivered. It was brilliant. I could go online, find my desired cuisine, read the menu on GrubHub, call, order, eat, enjoy.
But even though there are ways to find restaurants here in Lawrence, I haven't found a single central location where I can look at menus and order all in one spot. If I had time, I would start my own little entity and invite area restaurants to submit their menus for a fee. Then I would rake in tons of money and order take-out food with said money. It would be glorious.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Interestingly enough, that is pretty much how we started GrubHub in Chicago. We really wanted something other than pizza. Good luck!
Mike Evans (GH Founder)
http://www.foodpatio.com/ sounds like what you're looking for -- it's still mostly pizza and sandwiches, but as more people in Lawrence start using it, I think it'll add more restaurants.
Post a Comment