Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I drank the Twitter Kool-Aid

Damn. Damndamndamn. Against every instinct in my body, counter to the feeling of revulsion and rebellion I felt towards Twitter when I first tried to figure out what the hell it was all about a year ago, I find myself checking it multiple times a day, tweeting during work and following random people.

So far it has not benefited me professionally, it's generated no more than a few hits on my MTV videos, but damn if it isn't kind of addictive. This really isn't what I need while working in a newsroom.

I've actually decided to engulf myself in social media for the time-being. I've started using Digg and I'm going to venture into other methods of communication to see if they can boost my MTV views...not out of ego, but of curiosity. And a bit of ego. But mostly curiosity.

But I WILL NOT be found on Second Life. That is one thing I just don't get.

No comments: