Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Bachelor kills brain cells

In a move I hope to never reprise, I watched approximately five minutes of the "The Bachelor" last night. I was flipping through channels and saw it was on, remember that a friend of a friend (but a first degree friend on Facebook) was one of the contestants. And this was the episode where the women speak! How could I pass that up.

Sadly, within five minutes, my brain was seeping out of my ears and I wanted to stab myself with a spoon.

This is the third time in a few weeks I've watched or read something about a TV show that holds (or should hold) zero interest to me. I've become dumber every time.

I tuned into MTV's "The Paper" last week. Someday, I'd like to teach high school journalism, so I thought this would be a great glimpse into that world. If it's anything like that when I make it to the classroom, somebody stop me. My God...there was nothing about journalism. Just a group of back-stabbing prima donnas whose voices pierced my eardrums like...something.

Then Rolling Stone comes to my mailbox with a cover story on "The Hills." I don't know who these girls are, but that might be a good thing. I like RS because it has interesting political coverage and turns me on to cool new bands. But this story made me feel empty. Who. Cares?

This coming from a guy who read the entire article. Sigh.

No comments: