Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's in a name

I dusted off this story from earlier in the summer, in which Chicago Tribune reporter Howard Witt interviews people named...Howard Witt. It's a tickling account of how men with the same name -- and a startling number of other similarities -- came together.

It got me thinking about people who share my name. Here's a sampling:

The cool Alex Parker: This one was a no-brainer; of course, I was intrigued when I saw someone calling me cool. But I know, deep in my heart, that this Alex Parker is much cooler.

The musician: No doubt more talented and good looking.

The athlete: This guy could kick my butt six ways from Sunday.

The nerd: Hey, Poindexter. I called. I want my name back.

The German pop star
: My favorite, and probably the one that most resembles me.

The washed up child actor
: Oh wait. This actually is me.

No comments: